Beginner Guitar Course
Who Is The Beginner Guitar Course For?
This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to play the six-string guitar. It assumes you know little or nothing about the guitar. The beginner guitar course is designed to get you started playing the guitar by teaching you the basics of guitar and gradually progressing to more difficult material. Bobbi has designed the course as a free class but is also available for private lessons.
Beginner Guitar Course Objectives And What You Will Learn
- How to identify all the parts of the guitar.
- You will find out how to hold the guitar properly.
- I will teach you how to tune your guitar.
- Be able to play major, minor, and 7th chords.
- Learn rhythm basics so that you can play the chords with the correct tempo and rhythm.
- Discover what guitar tablature is, and how to read it so you can continue beyond this course and play music.
- Be able to practice with several chord progressions and songs.
- I will show you where to find more songs to play.
What You Will Need
You will need a guitar of course. If you do not have a guitar you can view my blog post How To Choose A Good Guitar. For a complete list of items that Bobbi recommends please see the first guitar lesson in this course What You Need To Play Guitar. The bare minimum requirements are a guitar, a strap, a case, some picks, and a guitar tuner. Bobbi also highly recommends a music stand to hold up this book, or your tablet or computer you can read music comfortably without crouching over on a couch or a bed.